Monday, November 4, 2013

I'm reading the 50th anniversary version of the book To Kill a Mockingbird, and I need at least 15 quotes with page numbers. Anything would be...

I am using an older version of the novel, but I have
provided you with the chapters for each of the
quotes.


  1. "It's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
    (Miss Maudie, Chapter 10)

  2. "You never
    really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view--until you
    climb into his skin and walk around in it." (Atticus, Chapter
    3
    )

  3. "I'm little, but I'm old." (Dill,
    Chapter 1)

  4. "There goes the meanest
    man ever God blew breath into." (Calpurnia, about old Mr. Radley, Chapter
    1
    )

  5. "Ain't no snot-nosed slut of a
    schoolteacher ever born c'n make me do nothin'!" (Burris Ewell, Chapter
    3
    )

  6. "I thought I wanted to be a lawyer but I
    ain't so sure now!" (Jem, Chapter
    5
    )

  7. "Don't say nigger, Scout. That's common."
    (Atticus, Chapter 9)

  8. ... I split my
    knuckle to the bone on his front teeth. (Scout, regarding her fight with cousin Francis,
    Chapter 9)

  9. "Atticus is a gentleman,
    just like me!" (Jem, Chapter
    11
    )

  10. "Maybe he doesn't have anywhere to run off
    to..." (Dill, concerning Boo, Chapter
    14
    )

  11. After all, if Aunty could be a lady at a
    time like this, so could I. (Scout, Chapter
    24
    )

  12. "I may not be much, Mr. Finch, but I'm
    still sheriff of Maycomb County, and Bob Ewell fell on his knife." (Heck Tate,
    Chapter 30)

  13. "Well, it'd be sort of
    like shootin' a mockingbird, wouldn't it?" (Scout, Chapter
    30
    )

  14. "Will you take me home?" (Boo's only
    words, Chapter 31)

  15. Atticus was
    right... you never really know a man until you stand in his shoes and walk around in
    them. (Scout, Chapter
    31
    )

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the meaning of the 4th stanza of Eliot's Preludes, especially the lines "I am moved by fancies...Infinitely suffering thing".

A century old this year, T.S. Eliot's Preludes raises the curtain on his great modernist masterpieces, The Love...