Monday, January 6, 2014

What points should I make in a two-minute speech in favor of the empowerment of women?

A two minute speech is not very long. So, you will have to
be selective. 


I would start by saying that I could point
out many reasons why we should empower women. Empowering women makes the economy better,
families healthier, and societies stronger. I would say that I could go on and one and
cite many examples. However, I would say that there are two more fundamental reason why
we should empower women. In this way, you are setting up the
audience. 


First, for too long women have not been
empowered. For example, women in American only gained the right to vote less than a
hundred years ago. Columbia University has only opened enrollment to women 25 years ago.
In many places in the world women are still second class citizens. How can we say that
we are a modern world, if these injustices still
exist? 


Second, my main thrust would be all men and women
are created equally according to our Declaration of Independence. So, to be true to
ourselves, we need to empower women. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the meaning of the 4th stanza of Eliot's Preludes, especially the lines "I am moved by fancies...Infinitely suffering thing".

A century old this year, T.S. Eliot's Preludes raises the curtain on his great modernist masterpieces, The Love...