Sunday, June 1, 2014

Can a title be a question, and does it need punctuation?

A title can certainly be a question, and as such, it
should include a question mark.  There are many book titles with question marks, for
example, How Does a Poem Mean?, by John Ciardi, at one time a
popular college textbook,  Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret by
Judy Blume, which is a book you might have read when you were younger, and Are
You My Mother?
, by P.D. Eastman, a book I read to my children when they were
very young.  If you think about it, you will be able to think of movie titles with
question marks, too.  I have provided a link for you of a long list of titles with
question marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the meaning of the 4th stanza of Eliot's Preludes, especially the lines "I am moved by fancies...Infinitely suffering thing".

A century old this year, T.S. Eliot's Preludes raises the curtain on his great modernist masterpieces, The Love...