Monday, May 25, 2015

CHAPTER 10: What is Ralph frightened of in Lord of the Flies? Why?Thanks!

Following the death of Simon, Piggy and Ralph meet on the
beach the following morning. They discuss the events of the night before, and Ralph
claims that Simon's death "was murder." Piggy disagrees and tries to stop Ralph from
discussing the subject. When Piggy says that they were all scared the night before,
because of the rain and lightning and "that bloody dance," he asserts that there was
nothing they could have done, and that it was "an accident." Ralph
disagrees.



"I
wasn't scared... I was--I don't know what I
was."



However, he admits to
Piggy that he is fearful now.


readability="5">

"I'm frightened. Of
us..."



No longer fearful of
the beast, it is the boys--and even of himself--that Ralph now fears
most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the meaning of the 4th stanza of Eliot's Preludes, especially the lines "I am moved by fancies...Infinitely suffering thing".

A century old this year, T.S. Eliot's Preludes raises the curtain on his great modernist masterpieces, The Love...